Welcome to my space. But not MySpace because that was an embarrassing time in my life.
My name is Kali Rose, although you've probably heard me referred to as something else (Cool Mom. Professional Book Reader. Fake Tan Extraordinaire. Writer of that Wicked book that I never finished). Whatever you like best.
My day job is hard to explain - I raise my children while also doing my Masters in Nutrition while also handling social media for companies that aren't mine while also trying to build my own company while also taking naps and going to the gym sometimes.
It's a riot.
I'm from North Carolina but live in Toronto. My Southern-Canadian accent has been mistaken for 1. Australian or 2. South African literally once a week. I love it. Thanks. I'm flattered.
I've got a husband (13 years older than me so someone can be sensible - me, not him). I've got two kids. And 3 step kids. It's a circus and I'm the ringleader.
I love to write and I also love to overshare (like I'm not shy about putting it all out there. I am shy about being someone I'm not), hence this blog.
This is a space to not only overshare, but talk about fitness, modern wellness, and motherhood. I hope you learn something here, and if you've got any questions, please get in touch.
I don't do fitness apparel ads, I ignore all DMs about sponsored posts (if you have a product I might use like a private jet, email me instead), and I generally forfeit any money making opportunities that come my way from my internet presence. I just like to write stuff on social. That's all.
Fun + Mundane facts:
1. I met my husband on my first international trip, we knew one another 48 hours before I flew home, and 6 months later I moved to Canada from NC to be with him.
2. I love to travel. A lot. It's hard with kids. I still love it.
3. I had two home births. One of my babies was born over my toilet. It was fun.
4. I listen to hiphop a lot + Kid Cudi is king. Sue me.
5. I'm a wimp at watching crime shows. But I do love horror movies. Go figure.
I hope you had just as much fun reading this as I did writing it. You probably didn't. That's okay.
Kali Rose S.